Nordic Walking to Relax your Body and Soul.
Discover the levadas and hidden treasures of Madeira, walk in nature, and be one with it. Recharge your batteries in the unspoiled laurel forests and uncrowded locations. These experiences being our priorities, we created our private nordic walking tours and personalized levada & nature walks. This is the way we like to spend our holidays, so we offer the same to you. Everything is about you so that you have an unforgettable holiday. Our passion is nordic walking and we love Madeira. Hence, we combined the two so that you can enjoy your active holiday in Madeira the most. Madeira is ideal for nordic walking, so discover the island, levadas, and trails lighter and at the same time healthier. Madeira is all about nature, so forget the crowds, walk with us and we take you to the treasures. Book now!
Recharge in the Enchanted Forest
Recharge your batteries and discover a unique laurel forest with its magnificent ancient trees and animals while nordic walking. This is an ideal place for everyone, especially if you are traveling with your family, you should not miss it.
Fun activites for the whole family
Short to moderate walks or difficult full-day hike
Waterfalls & Lagoons
Wanted to visit 25 Fountains? To avoid the crowds who all go to 25 Fontes, we recommend this walking tour. It is even more beautiful and less visited. Come nordic walking with us to the subtropical UNESCO World heritage laurel forest on Paul da Serra and enjoy nature and the silence.
You can swim in the lagoons
Moderate walk or demanding full-day hike
Moss, Fern and Fairies
You can join us for this pleasant nordic walking that is rarely visited by tourists, with some ups and downs, but always offering sights to be delighted with, small waterfalls and creeks, unsheltered areas and stunning views.
Moderate walk or demanding full-day hike
Top of the World
Conquer the top of the world and see Madeira from a different perspective! Your private tour to the highest peak of Madeira will be a unique experience and an unforgettable memory of your stay in Madeira.
The Tales of the Old Watermill
Have you been in the North-Western part of Madeira already? Come for this enchanting and diverse levada tour, with hidden treasures, away from the busy levadas and the crowds. The endemic laurel forest with waterfalls is waiting for you!
Enchanting levada with diverse scenery
Easy to moderate walk
Paradise so Close to Funchal
Come for an easy and relaxing individualised levada walk close to Funchal, as if you were in paradise. You will see cultivated terraces, spectacular gardens, a forest full of pleasant green tones and beautiful views over Funchal, Camacha and the south of Madeira.
Levada walk close to Funchal
Easy and relaxing walk
The Face of the East
Have you seen the buzzing nature in the middle of the island? Then it is time to discover the other face of Madeira and book your private tour of nordic walking on Ponta de São Lourenço.
Visit the volcanic origins
Easy to challenging hike
Walking the Wine Route
Do you want to walk in the endemic laurel forest of Madeira and have amazing panoramic views over the ocean at the same time? This walk is offering exactly this. You will smell the laurel, eucalyptus and mimosa trees while listening to the murmuring sounds of the ocean.
Scenic views, amazing scents
Details & Itinerary
“The devil is in the detail”
Below I gathered some must-know details that are essential if you booked your private tour with us. Read through my tips and if there is anything else you would like to know get in touch with me.
- After booking we will discuss pick up time from your accommodation in Funchal. This can vary between 9.00am-10.00am, in case of sunrise trip departure time will be adjusted to viewing location and sunrise time.
- Half-day tours last approx 4 hours, full-day tours approx 8 hours. At the end of the day, I will bring you back to your accommodation or any other convenient place within Funchal as agreed before.
- In case you stay outside of Funchal, pick up and drop off are subject to discussion and can trigger additional costs based on distance.
What You Should Bring
- Always have at least an extra cardigan or pullover, rain jacket, sunscreen, hat, water and stable shoes (good grip sole, preferably watertight) with you. I always recommend bringing an extra set of clothes and shoes with you in case you get wet or dirty, this bag can stay in the car, you don’t need to carry it with you.
- The day before our program we can discuss any weather-specific requirements for the next day. Please be aware that the weather is not consistent on the island, generally South, North and mountains usually have different weather. Usually, every 5 km you can find different microclimates that affect the weather and also such weather can change within 5 minutes, as the locals say.
- You should bring some small snacks and water with you. In case you prefer having a meal in a local restaurant, please let me know in advance so that I can plan accordingly our day.
Some tips based on FAQ
- It can rain any time, if you do not have a waterproof jacket or trousers, bring an extra set of clothes so that you can change if needed. This package can stay in the car, no need to worry about the weight.
- During levada walks many people step into the levadas by accident, it is good to have an extra pair of shoes with you in the car so that you can spend the rest of the day with dry feet.
- Let me know if you have any issues with your back, hip, knee, ankle, even if it is a historical accident that does not influence your daily life, as I need to take these into account when planning the program. Same if you have vertigo, any kind of allergy (e.g. bees) or any medical condition that can have an impact on a walking tour or island discovery.
Get 20% Off Your First Trip
This offer is valid for your first booking and in case you book at least 4 full-day private tours with us. For more details, get in touch.